Village Shoppes

 

Tree House Gallery

and Tea Room

 

Sassy's

 

Strip Steak House

Details

Littlest Details

Jax

Endless Summer

Avon Eye Design

 

Salon Jia Li & Spa

Methodology Pilates

The Quartermaster General

Painting with a Twist

Home

Village information

Historical Facts

Events

Directions

 

 

 

 

HISTORICAL FACTS

 

Alten-Casper  House

The original farmhouse of Matthias Alten is the centerpiece

 of Olde Avon Village. This Georgian-style brick farmhouse, 

that was built around 1850, houses the Tree House Gallery

and Tea Room. The Tree House offers antiques and

 collectibles, folk art and accessories while the Tea Room serves

 light lunches, Sunday brunches and partiesall in the charming

atmosphere of this restored 1850s century home. 

 

Click Here to go to site

 

Gibbs-Binns House

 

The original Jonathan Gibbs house, built between

1851 and 1857, was moved to Olde Avon Village in 1987

from Stoney Ridge Rd and is a Greek Revival-Style home.

                             

                                

Avon Train Depot

 

The 1882 restored Avon Train Depot and the 1918

 Baltimore and Ohio Caboose. Avon Train Depot is home

to Methodology Pilates.

        

      

Lewis House

 

The Lewis House, built around 1843, is made from sandstone

from the Amherst quarries and reputed to be the only pyramid-

roofed stone house in Ohio. The Lewis house was moved from

Center Road near Rt. 83 in August, 2002. The Lewis house

is home to Details, an upscale gift shop and more.

 

 Click Here to go to site

 

Blackwell Barn

 

The Blackwell Barn, built around 1851, which is formerly

known as the Ewers barn, is constructed of hardwood lumber

harvested in central Ohio. The style of the barn is of German

Dutch architecture and assembled in the fashion of that era.

 

The Ewer Barn is an evening restaurant. Strip a Steak House 
 offers customers the combination of the primitive atmosphere of this
1840s barn and the elegance of evening dining. Although the emphasis
 is on USDA prime beef, customers will be pleased to find a wide array
of appetizers, salads and other non-beef selections.

 

 Click Here to go to site

 

Clifton Barn

 

George Clifton came from England in the early 1830s.

The Clifton barn was built in the early to mid 1840s and is

 now available for private parties and catering events.

For more information contact

 Ron Larson 1-216-337-2094 

 (for the private parties)

www.cliftonbarn.com

 

 

 

2013 Olde Avon Village.